Greensboro's Thyroid and Diabetes Specialist
I am pleased to announce that I joined Wake Forest Baptist Health on January 1, 2018:
- My new practice name is Wake Forest Baptist Health Endocrinology – North Elm.
- The practice is conveniently located at Wake Forest Baptist Health Medical Plaza – North Elm (3903 N. Elm Street, Greensboro), just 4 minutes north of my prior office.
- Office and lab hours remain the same.
- For your convenience, my prior office number (336-378-1074) will remain active for a period of time but you may begin using my new number (336-713-7251) starting January 2.
- For your convenience, we will continue to draw labs at the new location.
- Wake Forest Baptist Health is securely storing electronic medical records from Greensboro Endocrinology.
- Patients who wish to transfer care to another physician (or want a copy of their medical records) should call 336-713-7251.
- We have carried forward all previously scheduled lab and visit appointments to the new practice.
- We will provide phone call reminders a few days ahead of appointments.
Insurance and Billing:
- The Greensboro Endocrinology billing department remains open.
- If you have any questions regarding your Greensboro Endocrinology insurance claims or bills, please call Carolyn at 336-324-7635.
A note to my existing patients: It remains my sincere privilege to participate in your care. As always, my top priority is to provide you with the highest level of personalized, quality care, while working collaboratively with the rest of your healthcare team. I’m grateful for the trust you’ve placed in me. It would be my honor to continue to participate in your care; I hope you will choose to move with me. As always, we are happy to address any questions or concerns you may have. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work together to help make this a smooth transition.
Michael D. Altheimer, MD, FACE
Welcome to Greensboro Endocrinology, the endocrinology, diabetes, and internal medicine practice of Michael D. Altheimer, MD. Board certified in internal medicine and endocrinology, Dr. Altheimer has built a reputation for providing high quality and exceptionally personalized care since establishing his practice in Greensboro, NC, in 1986.
At Greensboro Endocrinology, we take the time to listen to your concerns. We provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based care, delivered in an individualized and compassionate manner. Most of our patients seek long-term care for diabetes, lipid disorders, thyroid conditions, and/or other endocrine and metabolic problems. Most often, this is done in the form of consultative care—working closely with your primary care physician or other referring provider. In addition, for a smaller segment of our patient population, we provide comprehensive long-term adult primary medical care with a focus on wellness and prevention. We encourage all of our patients to be well-informed and active participants in their own healthcare. Thank you for placing your trust in our practice as we partner in your care.
In order to assure the highest level of personalized service and patient satisfaction, each member of our team is carefully chosen—based on training, experience, competence, and (most importantly) a genuine caring attitude.
We hope you find the information on this website helpful. Please contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
Dr. Altheimer has been my endocrinologist for several years. Upon my first visit I found him knowledgeable and well informed, and he instilled in me a confidence that he could resolve my medical issues. I have been extremely pleased with my treatment and would not hesitate to continue having him as my physician.